Welcome to Awakenings

Life IS history in the making. Every word we say, everything we do becomes history the moment it is said or done. Life void of memories leaves nothing but emptiness. For those who might consider history boring, think again: It is who we are, what we do and why we are here. We are certainly individuals in our thoughts and deeds but we all germinated from seeds planted long, long ago.

Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Tribute to Frank Sinatra

And now, the end is here 
And so I face the final curtain 
My friend, I'll say it clear 
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain 
I've lived a life that's full 
I traveled each and ev'ry highway 
And more, much more than this, I did it my way 

Frank Sinatra, “My Way"

Frank Sinatra 1947
en.wikipedia.org
"My Way" is often quoted as the most covered song in history. The version written by Paul Anka and sung by the popular Frank Sinatra is not the initial song and lyrics. The original French song "Comme d'habitude" was composed in 1967 by Claude François and Jacques Revaux. The lyrics by Claude François and Gilles Thibault had originally been written in English titled "For Me." Paul Anka's English lyrics are unrelated to the original French song or earlier English lyrics. He was inspired having heard the song performed by Claude Francois while on holiday in the south of France.

André Rieu 
en.wikipedia.org
Featured below is a wonderful tribute to Frank Sinatra performed by André Rieu and his Johann Strauss Orchestra. What is particularly poignant toward the end are inserts of immigrants, both young and old alike, coming into Ellis Island to start a new life: just hard working people trying to better themselves and help others. These were the kind of immigrants that enriched the country with their diligence and appreciation of an opportunity for a successful life without trying to change their adopted country.

André Rieu doesn't often play his violin through an entire musical piece, but he does for this performance. He plays a 1667 Stradivarius violin. It is suggested to watch and listen to this performance in full screen. Turn the volume up and enjoy the wondrous music.



An added plus as we approach. . .


Something in your eyes was so inviting
Something in your smile was so exciting
Something in my heart told me I must have you…


Frank Sinatra, “Strangers In The Night”


Frank Sinatra sang from the heart and put his soul into his music. Another of his great songs is Strangers in the Night. This was featured recently on Arlen Shahverdyan. Author's Blog. Arlen is Armenian so be sure to scroll down to his English versions About Love and About Song. Do leave Arlen a comment and let him know Awakenings sent you!

Are you a Sinatra fan? What is your favorite tune?

And the music goes on beating to the rhythm of the changing times...

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sharla, I simply love your blog and have nominated you for a Very inspiring Blogger Award. To collect it's simple, click onto my blog and follow the rules. http://welshjensblog.blogspot.com

    Have a great day Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennie, what an honor! It is more than the award but the wonderful comments, which let me know your truly enjoy the blog. Now I have my work cut out for me! I visited your site and see that I need to nominate 15...

      Delete
  2. Garry is a big Sinatra fan and I like a lot of his music, though I admit Garry is much more passionate about it than I am. But no one could sing a ballad like he could ... and some songs just belonged to him. Like this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is none other like Sinatra and there will never be another. His voice reverberated melodies from his soul...still do!

      Delete
    2. I love Frank Sinatra! Sharla, thank you for your post including the beautiful performance of "My Way." I mentioned that song and Sinatra's "New York, New York" as being meaningful to me in this post: http://WomenMakingStrides.com/2012/12/10/the-sound-of-music. Being from Chicago, I also love "My Kind of Town."

      Delete
  3. Jadwal Tarung Ayam SV388 6 Februari 2019 - Rabu, Bogor 6 Februari 2019 – Pada Hari Tersebut Akan Di Laksanakan Berbagai Pertandingan Sabung Ayam Secara Live di Arena Sabung Ayam Thailand.

    Agen Sabung Ayam - Customer Service kami di Livechat, Line, BBM, Yahoo Messenger, dan Whatsapp sekalipun. Sudah Jelas Sampai Sini, Terima Kasih Telah Membaca Artikel AgenSabungAyam.com Yang Berjudul Jadwal Tarung Ayam SV388 6 Februari 2019.

    Untuk Info Lebih Lanjut Bisa Hub kami Di :
    wechat : bolavita
    line : cs_bolavita
    whatsapp : +628122222995
    BBM: BOLAVITA

    ReplyDelete